RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Review: Glamorous Illusion by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Glamorous Illusion 
by Lisa Tawn Bergren 
Released Date: Published June 1st 2012 by David C. Cook
Series: Grand Tour Series #1
Pages: 416
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon, B&N

When Cora Kensington learns she is the illegitimate daughter of a copper king, her life changes forever. Even as she explores Europe with her new family, she discovers that the most valuable journey is within. The first book in the Grand Tour series takes you from the farms of Montana through England and France on an adventure of forgiveness, spiritual awakening, and self-discovery.

(Summary taken from Goodreads)

My Review:

Glamorous Illusions will take anyone on a ride full of adventure,mystery, travel, and romance. Taking place in 1913, the story evolves around Cora Kensington, a girl Montana, whose future is about to change as soon as her biological father appears in her life. Not knowing that the father that she thought was hers is not her real father, Cora is immediately thrown into a world of mystery and secrecy. Discovering that she is the illegitimate daughter of the Copper King, she will have to adjust to a new life style all for her parents. As soon as she is told that she will have to take the Grand Tour with her half siblings and their friends, Cora will not only have to fight to gain their approval, but she will also learn to find the importance of what she has and of who she really is. In a world of glamour and richness, Lisa T. Bergren takes readers to a whole new world, full of amazing adventures in the most amazing places in the world. As a lover for all things traveling, I was really excited to read this book. The cover itself completely grabbed my attention, the art represents the book really well. There are only a handful of historical romance books that I've read, but this one has made it to my “all time favorite” shelf. The story is beautifully written,and it captures the feel of the cities very well. I found myself completely immersed in the book. Cora's adventure definitely keeps the reader wanting for more. Her personally is very likable, and she is strong minded (which protects her from her unlikable siblings). I absolutely love Will in the story, he is the only person that Cora can truly trust, and it makes it hard as a reader to see that my favorite characters in the book don't always en up together. But as new adventures unfold, the book suddenly stops with a cliffhanger. Which wasn't my favorite part, but I will definitely read the second book of the series. I can't wait to see what happens next. I would recommend this book to those that love historical books, romance, and for those that love traveling as well.

My Ratings:


Book Trailer: 

2 comments:

Lisa Tawn Bergren said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks so much for reading GLAM, Jackie! Hope you like GRAVE CONSEQUENCES too!

Erika said... Best Blogger Tips

That cover is so pretty! Great review

I've nominated you for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
http://livingforthebooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D