RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

☼ June Wrap-Up and July TBR ☁



June Wrap-Up and July TBR!

     
      I can't believe another month has gone by and we're already in July! June a pretty good month for me and you'll see all the books that I managed to read in a month. I hope to keep reading more this month as well *fingers crossed* :) 

~JUNE BOOKS~


The Princess and the Player 
by Kat Cantrell
Release Date: August 4th 2015 by Harlequin
Genres: Romance, Contemporary

Rating: 4/5

I really enjoyed this book, it was fun and a quick read. I've been a fan of Kat Cantrell's works and this book did not disappoint. The dynamic between the two main characters just made the book that much more interesting and enjoyable to read. I highly recommend it. :)



Anything He Wants & Castaway 
by Sara Fawkes
Release Date: October 21st 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin
Genres: Romance, Contemporary

Rating: 4.5/5

I was impressed with the story as a whole, the events that happened throughout the book kept getting intense and it was page-turner. Once you read the first page of the book, you get hooked into the story right away. Although there were things that were a bit frustrating with the main character, I still liked the ending very much. I would give it a try if you're looking for a complete "series" in one book that is about romance and a bit of a roller coaster ride. :)





Red Queen 
by Victoria Aveyard
Release Date: February 10th 2015 by HarperTeen
Series: Red Queen #1
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance

Rating: 4.5/5

I totally loved this book, it was fun and the story had me hooked from the very beginning. I can't believe it took me a bit of time to read it, but now I can't wait to read the second book in the series! I did have trouble with the minimum romance that there was in the book, but I'm hoping the author increases that later in the series. :)




A Change of Plans
by Robyn Thomas
Release Date: June 30th 2015 by Entangled

Genres: Romance, Contemporary

Rating: 4.5/5

A fun and quick read, the characters have interesting personalities and the story as a whole was very entertaining. :)




Rule Breaker
by Harper Kincaid
Release Date: March 3rd 2015 by Samhain Publishing
Genres: Romance, New Adult, Contemporary

Rating: 3/5

I don't really know how I feel about this book, it was just too quick for me. The events happened so fast that there wasn't time to really enjoy the story itself. I wasn't as impressed with the characters so much, but I still thought that the story could have been a lot of better had the author extended the length of the book. 




The Cinderella Princess
by Melissa McClone 
Release Date: April 2nd 2015 by Tule Publishing
Genres: Romance, Contemporary

Rating: 4/5

***Freebie***

I really enjoyed the story, it's not your typical Cinderella story, it's full of twists and surprised. :)




Scandal with a Prince by Nicole Burnham
Release Date: November 2013
Genres: Romance, Comtemporary


This was just like The Cinderella Princess story full of twists and turns, with a completely different plot. The main characters have to face the scandal that could damage their lives and future, and the very ending is going to leave you wanting for more. :)


Anya and the Shy Guy by Suze Winegardner
Release Date: July 14th 2015 by Entangled Publishing: Crush
Genres: Romance, Young Adult


I love this series!! I have read the last three books and they do not disappoint. The series follows the stories of the members of a band (Seconds to Juliet) and how they find love on their tour. There is everything from secret pasts to romantic scenes. I highly recommend reading this book, and the previous books in the series. :)


Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy by E.L. James

Rating: BOOK #1 (4/5)
Rating: BOOK #2 (5/5)
Rating: BOOK #3 (5/5)


I've been wanting to read this trilogy for a very long time, I was skeptical with the story and what other people were saying the plot. But as soon as I started reading the first book, I was hooked with the story! There were some things that I didn't like in the first book, but as the story progressed the more I was intrigued and ended up really liking it. The books are not for everyone, we all have different opinions and different tastes, but at the end of the day if you want to read the trilogy I recommend it. (: 


Searching for Always by Jennifer Probst 
Release Date: June 30th 2015 by Pocket Books
Genres: Romance, Contemporary

Rating: 4/5


I love Jennifer Probst's works, they are all full of romance that they're hard to put down. Searching for Always was a page turner, and an entertaining book to read. It was hilarious and I highly recommend it! :)


Adventures Abroad Series by Jen McConnel
Release Date: June 16th 2015 by Bloomsbury Spark

Rating: BOOK #1 (3/5)
Rating: BOOK #2 (3/5)
Rating: BOOK #3 (4/5)
Rating: BOOK #4 (4/5)


I'm not sure how I feel about this series, they are all very short stories that are moments and not complete books. They felt rushed for me, the way they start it's captivating and interesting, but they end too soon. I would recommend it if you don't mind this types of novellas and the ending doesn't bother you at all, otherwise I would skip this series. 


When We Collide by A.L. Jackson
Release Date: November 1st 2012 by A.L. Jackson
Genres: Romance, New Adult

Rating: 4.5/5


I loved this book, it was touching and bittersweet. I highly recommend it :)


Right Next Door by A.J. Pryor 
Release Date: June 30th 2015
Genres: Romance, Contemporary

Rating: 5/5



This book is a must-read! I loved the story plot and the characters, there is a lot of sizzling chemistry between them that it just makes that books that much more enjoyable to read. :)


***JULY TBR***



The Prince's Runaway Lover (Men of the Zodiac #7) by Robin Covington



The Spaniard's Kiss (Entangled Indulgence) by Nina Croft



Baby's Got Bite (Take It Like a Vamp #2) by Candace Havens



***Now this was a very long post! I can't believe I read so many books this month, and who knows how many I'm going to end up reading in July, but I am trying to read as much as I can before going back to school. :) ***


Thanks for stopping by and have a nice summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D