RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster 
by Jamie McGuire
Released Date: Published August 14th 2012 by Atria Books
Series: Beautiful #1
Pages: 437
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon, B&N

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. 

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

(Summary taken from Goodreads)

My Review:

I absolutely love this book! It's a Must Read!...:) 

That being said, I have to say that when I first saw the book, I was immediately drawn to the cover. It looked interesting to me and I decided to get the book. When I first started reading the beginning, I found myself connecting with Abby and Travis right away. Their relationship and interactions with each other left me wanting for more. I couldn't put this book down at all! I can also see why some people may not like the book, it does have its dose of violence, and stressful scenes in between, but the whole story evolves around college students,Travis and Abby. Their not so perfect relationship was a roller coaster from the start; they fought, made up, and learned to put their past aside in order to overcome new obstacles. There were times in the story that I wanted them to stop fighting for the sake of their friends and themselves, but I was specially mad at Travis. He is overprotective towards Abby (not in a creepy way), but more on the cute side. It was hard to stay mad at him forever after everything he did for Abby, but it was because of his over protectiveness that ended up making them fight a lot. Like any other relationship, their relationship became vital for each other. Although there were times when the story seemed too rushed, (the ending specially) I still think that it was a well-written story, full of realistic characters that anyone can relate to. Love makes us do stupid things sometimes, but I think Travis takes the cherry on the top. He is just too cute for his own good. :) I would recommend this story to anyone that is interested in reading a page-turner about romance, and how two people came together in the end to save one another.

I'm excited to have read this book, I can't wait to read Walking Disaster (It's going to be awesome)!







My Ratings: 



                                                                                                                                 

4 comments:

Trish @ Between My Lines said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review, I'm on the fence about whether to read this one. I'll either love it or hate it! Your review makes me more inclined to give it a shot :)

BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Just added this one to my shelf. After reading your review, I can't wait to start reading it.

Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Trish Hannon

You're going to like t :) Thanks for stopping by.

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Marilyn Phillips

You're going to love it! I really enjoyed reading this book. :D Thanks for stopping by. :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D