RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #15


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Fangirl

by 
Expected publication: September 10th 2013 by St. Martin's Press

A coming-of-age tale of fan fiction, family and first love. 

Cath is a Simon Snow fan.

Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan . . .

But for Cath, being a fan is her life — and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.


Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.

Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this?

Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories?

And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind? 


(Synopsis taken from Goodreads)

***Can't wait to read this book! What are you waiting to read? Let me know in the comment section below and I'll make sure to check it out. :) Thanks!

26 comments:

Lindy Gomez said... Best Blogger Tips

I've heard Rainbow Rowell is an excellent author! I had never heard of Fangirl before. Thanks for sharing, it sounds really interesting! Great WOW pick Jackie! Thanks for stopping by, and visiting my WOW :)

Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

Shane @ItchingforBooks said... Best Blogger Tips

Cute pick. I've been interested in this one. thanks for the reminder :)

bloglovin follower

http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-53-snakeroot.html

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I've heard good and bad reviews on this one. Still dying to read it, though. Awesome pick for the week.

Toni @ My Book Addiction

The Graveyard Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

LOL this looks cute.
Here is my WoW
http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-heart-fortune.html?zx=4f2a8a5ce38c0cd9

Nikki R said... Best Blogger Tips

Omg, yes. This is one of my most-anticipated books this year. I cannot WAIT to read it!! Great pick! And thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

Natalie @Natflix&Books said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm excited for this one, too. It sounds so cute and I love that it takes place at college. Great pick!
Natflix&Books' WoW

Michelle Santiago said... Best Blogger Tips

fan girl sounds awesome!! rainbow rowell have been getting a lot of raves lately. i recently purchased eleanor and park and i'm so excited to read it.

check out my WoW

-michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I cannot wait for this book!! It's on my list as well. Great pick. :)

My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-4/

Sash and Em said... Best Blogger Tips

We picked up Fangirl at BEA and are so excited to start it!

Our WoW this week!

Nikki S said... Best Blogger Tips

I was approved for Fangirl on Netgalley and I can't wait to start it! Great pick!

Thanks for stopping by!
Nikki @ Take Me Away...

Maggie @ Just a Couple More Pages said... Best Blogger Tips

I am really excited for this one, too. I was never into Harry Potter (which I assume this is based on) but I think it's going to be excellent other way.

Great pick! And thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

WinterHaven said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm looking forward to this one too! Awesome pick!

Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

arlene
WinterHaven Books

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

This one looks super cute! And I can create because I have been a crazy fangirl many times! Thanks for stopping by!

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lindy Gomez


Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Shane Morgan

Thanks for stopping by today :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Toni Lesatz

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews as well, but I'll be checking it out anyways. Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Renee Rose

I like the cover :) Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Nikki R

Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Natalie Natflixandbooks

I can't wait to get it :) Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Michelle Santiago

I have to read that book as well, I've heard good reviews on it :) Thanks for stopping by.

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Olena P

Thanks and thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Sash and Em

I can't wait to read it:) Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Nikki H

I didn't know the book was on Netgalley. I'll have to wait to get an actual copy then :) Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Maggie @ Just a Couple More Pages

Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@WinterHaven

Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Jennifer Messerschmidt

I can relate as well, thanks for stopping by :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D