RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: A Veil of Glass and Rain by Petra F. Bagnardi

A Veil of Glass and Rain 
by Petra F. Bagnardi
Released Date: Published April 20th 2013 by Petra F. Bagnardi
Pages: Kindle Edition274 pages
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon 

Brina and Eagan meet for the first time when she's nine and he's fourteen. They like each other from the very beginning, although their bond isn't immediate, but it grows over the years. What links them is the fact that their parents are photographers and are extremely devoted to their work and to each other; so much so that both Brina and Eagan have to learn how to take care of themselves from a very young age. Despite their differences, age, gender, nationality, Brina is Italian and Eagan is American, they find comfort in their growing friendship. 
Then Brina becomes a teenager, and her feelings for her friend start changing and deepening. New desires stir within her. As soon as Brina realizes how those feelings complicate her friendship with Eagan, she runs away from him.
A few years later, Brina is twenty and Eagan is twenty-five, they find one another once again. Brina is studying cinema in Rome and she's also trying to become a musician. Eagan begins to work as an architect in the same city. Eagan wants to be a part of Brina's life anew. Brina, however, is still in love with him; she finds it difficult to act merely as a friend and she keeps pulling away.

Set in the beautiful Rome, this is a sensual and romantic story of friendship and love.

(Summary taken from Goodreads)

My Review:

*I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review*

A Veil of Glass and Rain is a sweet story between Brina and Eagan, whose friendship turns into love. From the very beginning, I thought that the story had great potential. I was immediately pulled into their story and I enjoyed every minute of it. I liked how author describes how they met and how they found themselves again. The switching of point-of-view made things understandable and a bit confusing at first. The writing tied everything together, it felt like reading poetry. It's definitely a style that I don't think I've ever read before. 

The story is captivating and enjoyable to read. I did found Brina's character weak and overpowered by Eagan at times. I wasn't sure if I liked the part or not. I wished Brina had been more stronger from the very beginning. I liked how the characters developed over time and how they come to terms in the end. Their love story is strong, that it might look possessive, but that's how their bond makes them unique and completely in love. I found the setting of the story quite fascinating. It made me want to go to Rome and feel the excitement that both Brina and Eagan had there. 

Overall, the book was great. I liked the ending very much; the epilogue was very descriptive and I enjoyed reading about their lives far ahead from the ending. Not a lot of books explain that and it made the book that much more interesting. I would recommend everyone to give this book a try, it will not disappoint. 


My Rating:

                                                                                                                                 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D