RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Freebie Review: Those Nights in Montreal by Beverley Kendall

Those Nights in Montreal 
by Beverley Kendall
Released Date: Published May 6th 2013 by Season Publishing LLC
Series: Unforgettable You #1.5
Pages: Kindle Edition
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon, B&N

An ex is an ex for a reason

To Rebecca Winters, it's not just a saying or the title to a catchy tune, it's a rule she staunchly lives by. Especially since the break up with her ex. What's the point in trying to fix the "unfixable"? Besides, only a girl hell-bent on more heartbreak would go back to the guy who bailed on her when she needed him most. But saying no to Scott is becoming more difficult than surviving the breakup itself. And unfortunately for her, the kind of pressure he's exerting is making her rule all too easy to break.


Scott Carver has given up trying to get over his ex. He's still in love with her and their year apart has done nothing to change that. Yeah, he knows he screwed up. Just how royally, he wasn't aware of until now. So when Becca agrees to give him a second chance, he grabs on to it with both hands. But it's clear the only way things will ever truly be right between them is if he comes clean...about everything. He can only pray the truth doesn't send her running--for good this time.

(Summary taken from goodreads)

My Review:

The novella centers around Rebecca and Scott's relationship. Having ended their relationship a year ago, both are struggling to move on with their lives while in College. For once Rebecca feels the need to move on with her life, she is done crying over the guy that broke her heart. But that doesn't work out because Scott is not ready to move on and he is going to try everything and anything to get her back. At the beginning of the story, Rebecca is angry and conflicted. She mentions having problems with her biological father as well as having problems moving on after ending her relationship with Scott. There are hints at the beginning of the story that tells what happened to them, but the full problem is not revealed until later on in the story. 

From my perspective, I thought that their need for closure is what brings them together. Not only do they have to share a room while spending their vacation in Montreal, but they also have to spend a lot of time together. As Scott works to get her to give him another chance, their friends also try to set them up. What I liked about the novella was how descriptive it was and how much the characters are very relatable. Both Rebecca and Scott have to go through all sorts of scenarios that tests their ability to trust one another and to be able to oversee their pasts in order to create a future. I found the story very compelling and realistic. I enjoyed reading their romantic scenes and the end. Although I know it's a novella, the ending felt too rushed for me. I would have loved to see if other problems got solved in the future. Other than that I'm very pleased with the story and I would recommend it to those that want a realistic yet steamy story. 


*This book can be read as a stand-alone book, it's not necessary to read the first book. 

My Rating:


3 comments:

BookCupid said... Best Blogger Tips

As a Montrealer, I must say, I love the title.

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@BookCupid

It's a really good book :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. :D


-Jackie

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi, I found your blog through a post in Goodreads Bloglovin thread.
Great blog!
You can stalk me back here—
www.lorrainetaylor666.com
Lovely to meet you :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D