RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Thursday, October 14, 2021

🔖 REVIEW 🔖 The Boss by Melanie Moreland




The Boss by Melanie Moreland

Release Date: October 14th 2021 by Moreland Books Inc
Genres: Romance, Contemporary, Suspense

Men of Hidden Justice

Because love can bleed into the darkest heart

Terrified and on the run, I was lost.

He found me.

I witnessed his crime and he gave me a choice.

Marriage or death.

I never expected to love him.

But the choices were never really mine.

Could this avenging angel of death ever love me back?

His touch consumed me.

Did my heart stand a chance?

Previously published on Book+Main and in Take Me To Bed Collection. New added content for a complete romantic suspense experience.




My Review:

While The Boss felt a little different from any other books by Melanie Moreland, it was still captivating and suspenseful from the very start. A great start to the Men of Hidden Justice Series!

At the very beginning we are introduced to Evelyn “Evie” Harper, as she runs for her life after being captive by her boyfriend. Her dad never liked him, but when he passed away, Evie moved in with Blaine which turned out to be a bad idea. After finding out what his plans for her were going to be, Evie couldn’t take it anymore and she managed to escape. Hoping to get to safety, she ends up at a warehouse where she witnesses a shooting. The shooter walks in looking like an avenging angel, she thinks he is going to kill her. But to her surprise he seems concerned about her safety and to get her silence he is going to marry her. Matteo vowed to protect her as his and she will not want for anything. Yet, Evie finds herself struggling to fit in his world no matter how much she is falling in love with him. It would take a turn of events to completely change their lives forever.

Matteo Campari never expected to meet Evie or for her to witness what she did. Having witness so much growing up, it was no surprise when he was offered a place in the organization when he turned eighteen. No matter what it may appear to other people, Matteo doesn’t kill innocents, it’s his job to protect him. So when he sees how Evie must have been treated, he wants to protect her at all costs. The world he lives in is cold, brutal and filled with blood. Yet, his instincts have never failed him and the idea of marrying her doesn’t scare him. Matteo offers her a place in his world, but getting used to being together and his job takes its toll on their relationship. It’s for the first time that he has someone so dear to his heart that he starts to question whether or not his place in the organization is what he truly wants for his future or if he is willing to give it up to start a new chapter with Evie.

I’m a huge fan of Melanie Moreland, her books are always a hit for me and this was no different. It shows that she is versatile and still deliver a great romance. I loved Matteo, he is tough on the outside, but when we learn about all that he has been through and still goes through truly makes me like him that much more. There is a reason why he is so protective over Evie and the decisions that he makes later to protect them I was not expecting. Evie’s life truly changes the minute she meets Matteo, he shows her a different world and makes her see what she can also do to help others. Their chemistry is magnetic and we get lots of steamy scenes with them. What I also liked about the book is the interactions with the rest of Matteo’s family/team. The ending was unpredictable, but it fit the characters so well. I do wish the author could have expanded some scenes, but in the end we see how much the characters are willing to sacrifice in order to be together. All in all, I would highly recommend checking out this book. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series! :)

**I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own***

My Rating: 4.5/5



Thanks for stopping by! 📚

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D