RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Thursday, November 11, 2021

πŸ”– REVIEW BLITZ πŸ”– The Trailblazer by Gina Azzi



The Trailblazer by Gina Azzi

Release Date: November 11th 2021
Genres: Romance, Contemporary, Sports

I always knew I’d marry my first everything, Declan Yaeger, the Southern boy with Irish roots. That was before he became my first heartbreak, a NHL superstar with a playboy reputation I no longer recognize.

The summer he left our small, Tennessee town, to pursue his hockey dream is the summer my life changed. That was seven years ago, before he became a defenseman for the Boston Hawks. Before I became fixated on my career, losing pieces of myself along the way.

To protect my grandfather's legacy, I agree to marry my oldest childhood friend, Henry. But when I enter the Church on my wedding day, the grey eyes piercing mine aren’t my fiancΓ©’s.

They’re Declan’s, the last person I expect to show up with an offer of his own. One I can’t refuse even though my heart should know better than to accept.

Will my marriage to Declan heal the broken between us? Or are we destined to repeat the mistakes of our past? 




My Review:

Gina Azzi knows how to deliver truly emotional stories that will grip you and never let go. In The Trailblazer, the seventh book in her Boston Hawks Hockey Series, Azzi gives us all the feels in this second chance sports romance that will leave you waiting for more.

For Genevieve “Vivi” Kelley, taking leadership in the Harrison Foundation has not only being her salvation, but also a way to keep her grandfather’s life’s purpose going. Yet, her role in the foundation is put on hold the minute she finds out that in her grandfather’s will, her stake in the foundation is contingent upon marriage. Vivi doesn’t understand why the man that practically raised her would allow her future to depend on a man. She is worried of what it’s going to happen to all the philanthropic causes her grandfathers fostered in the hands of her cousin, Alfred. With no other choice and the clock ticking to get married before her twenty-fifth birthday, Vivi decides to give in. But her choice of groom has cold feet and the man that she thought would never see again steps up to marry her instead.

There is a lot of history between her and Declan Yeager, not only did they grew up together, but he was her first everything. Then he left and her life around her crumbled. He is set on convincing her that she should give them a second chance, but there is something that Declan doesn’t know and Vivi is afraid of how that is going to affect their future once he finds out.

Declan Yeager couldn’t be happier at the fact he was able to turn his childhood dream into a reality. As the defenseman for the Boston Hawks, he is grateful to have had Beau Harrison’s support growing up and now as he plays in the NHL. But it’s a phone call that Declan gets from his dad that completely changes his life around, when he finds out that Beau Harrison has passed away. This immediately makes Declan think of Vivi, the one he left behind when he when on to pursue his hockey dream. It’s been seven year since they’ve seen each other and when he finds out that she is about to get married, Declan sets out to find out what truly happened to them all those years ago. Little did he know that he would end up marrying her in front of those close to them in the same place they promised each other that they would growing up. This makes Declan realize that he can’t give her up, he just needs to make her see that they can have a future together.

The Trailblazer was sweet and romantic. I really enjoyed the overall story, it was touching and emotional. The characters go through a lot, especially Vivi, who finds herself going through traumatic experiences. The author did a good dealing with the subject matter while giving us a story about getting a second chance at love. It’s evident that Declan still has feelings for Vivi and is willing to prove to her that they belong together. The ending was my favorite, it brought the characters’ story to full circle. It fit them so well and I cannot wait to read the next book in the series. I would highly recommend checking it out if you like second chance friends-to-lovers sports romances. You will not regret it! :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own***

My Rating: 4.5/5


Meet Gina Azzi:

I’m Gina Azzi, a book-obsessed, coffee-drinking, globetrotting, mama of soon-to-be three! I write sweet with a dash of spicy New Adult and Contemporary Romance full of good men putting in work to win the hearts of even better women.

A total Jersey girl at heart, I struggle with insatiable wanderlust and currently reside in Ontario, Canada with my family.

When I’m not dreaming up storylines or writing all the words, you can find me hanging with my littles, attempting to bake, or planning my next adventure.

Connect with me on social media or at ginaazziauthor@gmail.com. I’d love to hear from you! 

Happy Reading!

Xo,

Gina



Thanks for stopping by! πŸ“š

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D