RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Friday, January 7, 2022

πŸ”– REVIEW BLITZ πŸ”– The Hustler by Gina Azzi



The Hustler by Gina Azzi 

Release Date: January 6th 2022
Genres: Romance, Contemporary, Sports

Theodore Edward Sims was supposed to be my hot summer hook-up, a stranger I slept with in Hawaii. Now, he's my stepbrother's new hockey teammate.

When we met, Theo was a sexy surfer in Maui, riding waves by day and rocking my world at night. After being played for a fool by my ex-fiancΓ©, Theo proved to be a source of instant gratification.

He was refreshingly honest, engaging, and incredibly charming. Theo built me up when it felt like my world was crumbling down.

Turns out, he's just like my ex. A liar.

To avoid the gossip of my failed engagement, I hightail it to Boston, where I'm forced to cross paths with a new version of Theo, aka Eddie Sims, Boston Hawks right wing. Here, he isn't the well-connected, alluring surfer but a determined, angry hockey hunk with something to prove. Especially to me.

Except I've written him off. Once a liar, always a liar.

But Theo isn't backing down. Instead, he's hustling for my forgiveness. If I give him another chance, will he live up to his apologies? Or am I just lying to myself? 




My Review:

Gina Azzi delivers a redeeming and heartfelt sports romance in The Hustler, the eight book in the Boston Hawks Hockey Series. This emotional story is about second chance at love and new beginnings that will leave you rooting for the characters until the very end.

For twenty-four year old, Sofia Carpenter, making the big move to Maui was supposed to be the start of the rest of her life. But soon her engagement ends after her fiancΓ© finds out more about her past. On top of that working as an event planner for the Servinos and Lely Prive Resort also ends, but not before she delivers on her last event. A high profile wedding that she was personally asked to oversee, but little did she know that it would ultimately end up changing her life forever. Then she sees a gorgeous stranger surfing, but never imagined herself meeting him in person. Until Sofia finds out that he is the groom’s brother and it’s his ability to listen without judgment is what draws her to him even more. Their one night together didn’t end the way they had planned as she finds out who he really is and vows to not put her heart as stake again. It would take months later for them to bump into each other again and for Theo to want to fight for what they had in Maui.

As a hockey player for the Boston Hawks, Theodore Edward Lawrence “Eddie Sims,” is used to attracting all kinds of attention. But for the last season, he has been struggling to keep his reputation intact. So his older brother’s wedding in Maui comes at the right time as it gives him an opportunity to get away from the spotlight. Yet, nothing could have prepared him when he sees Sofia for the first time. He is attracted to her right away, but there is something underneath the brave face that she puts when he meets her that calls to him. Her vulnerability and openness is refreshing to him and Theo doesn’t want to let her go. Sofia is not like anyone he’s ever met and holding onto her for just a little longer is what he wants, until she finds out the truth that he kept from her. Finding out that she is going to be closer to him than he thought is what makes Theo want to fight for her even more.

I absolutely loved reading The Hustler! We have two characters who have been given a second chance and it’s when they find each other that their relationship is truly explosive. Sofia has been through so much growing up and it’s though her experiences that she wants be better as well as be able to help those around her. On the other hand, Theo’s upbringing left him question people’s motives when it came to his family. He comes a long way when he meets Sofia. She gives him a reason to want to do better and learn to trust again. But just when you know where the story is going there is an unexpected plot twist that I didn't see coming at the end. All in all, this was such an emotional story filled with hope and a sweet ending to keep you wanting for more. I would highly recommend checking it out! :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own***

My Rating:



Meet Gina Azzi:

I’m Gina Azzi, a book-obsessed, coffee-drinking, globetrotting, mama of soon-to-be three! I write sweet with a dash of spicy New Adult and Contemporary Romance full of good men putting in work to win the hearts of even better women.

A total Jersey girl at heart, I struggle with insatiable wanderlust and currently reside in Ontario, Canada with my family.

When I’m not dreaming up storylines or writing all the words, you can find me hanging with my littles, attempting to bake, or planning my next adventure.

Connect with me on social media or at ginaazziauthor@gmail.com. I’d love to hear from you!

Happy Reading!

Xo,

Gina 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D