RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Monday, January 31, 2022

🔖 REVIEW BLITZ 🔖 Reckless by Abby Brooks



Reckless by Abby Brooks

Release Date: January 31st 2022 by Little Bird Publishing, LLC
Series: Wildrose Landing #3
Genres: Romance, Contemporary

I thought the proposal was a joke at first. You would too, given the circumstances. Anyone would.

When my brother’s best friend asks me to marry him—right after we fell into bed together!—it’s not for love.

And it’s certainly not because he has his eyes set on a happily ever after.

Oh no.

He wants me to be the future Mrs. Malone because he’s in a bind and “kind of needs a wife.”

But I’ve been head-over-heels, stupid-in-the-brain in love with the guy since I was sixteen. SIXTEEN. 

While he’s talking about a business proposal, I’m staring at a dream come true.

Obviously, I should walk away from this crazy idea with my head held high, but when it comes to Jude, I’m weak. I always have been.

Plus, after our drunken rendezvous the night of my brother’s wedding, I’ve got some very real reasons to say yes.

I can get through this with my heart intact…can’t I? 




My Review:

Not having read any other books by Abby Brooks before, I didn’t know what to expect before reading Reckless. Needless to say, this marriage of convenience romance did not disappoint at all.

At the beginning of the story we are introduced to Isabelle Prescott “Izzy,” owner of Sweet Stuff, a candy store in her small town. She is celebrating the marriage of her older brother Alex and friend Evie. As the maid of honor, Izzy gets paired up with her brother’s best friend, Jude Malone. The man she has been attracted to and in love with since she was sixteen. Over the years, Izzy has tried to put distance between them even though they share the same group of friends, in hopes of moving on one day. But that soon changes when Jude starts seeing her in a new way during the reception, they dance, kiss and end up spending the night together.

Then out of nowhere he asks her to be his wife, at first she think he is joking, but he isn’t and then she gets mad for making her seem like a joke to him. Izzy thought that whoever she married would be for love and it’s clear that Jude is not in love with her. Yet, it’s when he finally tells her why he needs a wife that Izzy finally gives in without realizing just how much her life is about to change forever. Things are suddenly not what they seem and that fantasy that she formed all those years ago with Jude might just be that and nothing else.

Jude Malone never intended to ask Izzy to marry him right after spending the night together. She deserves more than that and he knows that he messed up. But he is in need of a wife and he will do anything to erase his father’s legacy by doing good to those he hurt the most. It’s for that reason that Jude didn’t think twice about asking Izzy to help him as he has always liked her growing up. There were many reasons why they couldn’t be together back then and now his life is about to get more complicated. It’s hard for him to open up about his past, but the more time they spend together, the more he starts to fall in love with her. Then a sudden change of events threaten their chance at a relationship and he has to fight for her before it’s too late.

I really enjoyed reading Reckless, it’s evident from the beginning that the characters have great chemistry. It was a rollercoaster of emotions to see them go through a series of events as they got used to being married. It has always been Izzy’s dream to be with Jude, but she realizes that in reality things might be a little different than what she expected them to be. I love the secondary characters as well, they have a strong group of friends who are always there no matter what. Although there were times when I felt a little frustrated with the characters for the bit of miscommunication between them, they were still able to pull through and make things better for them at the end. The epilogue is sweet and I cannot wait to read more of the author in the future. :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own***

My Rating: 4.5/5



Meet Abby Brooks:

Abby Brooks is a romance author who lives with the love her life and their three kids in a small town in Ohio. She loves dancing in the kitchen, laughing with people she loves, and reading way too late into the night. She also loves hearing from her readers!


Thanks for stopping by! 📚

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D