RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Sunday, February 6, 2022

πŸ”– REVIEW πŸ”– The Commander by Melanie Moreland




The Commander by Melanie Moreland 

Release Date: February 1st 2022 by Moreland Books Inc
Genres: Romance, Contemporary

Men of Hidden Justice
Because love can bleed into the darkest heart


My instincts had always served me well.
Listening to my gut, the warning voice in my head that told me when to walk away.
I never failed to heed the signs.
Until the day she walked into my office.
I knew she would be trouble, but I ignored the alarm bells.
And then it was too late, and I fell. Hard.
A lie tore us apart, and I thought I’d lost her forever.
But now she’s back—with a secret she’s been keeping.
This time, I’m not letting her go.




My Review:

Melanie Moreland delivers a captivating story in The Commander, the third book in the Men of Hidden Justice Series. From the intriguing synopsis to the eye catching cover, this suspenseful romance is full of surprises that won’t disappoint.

To the outside world, Julian Grayson runs Elite Security, a very successful security company. But what people don’t know is that his company is just a facade for what he commands behind-the-scenes. As the Commander of Hidden Justice, part of his job is to oversee multiple teams for various missions. Although Julian doesn’t actively participate in missions, he still sometimes craves the danger that comes with his job. But it’s a beautiful redhead that suddenly puts his instincts to the test, as she stumbles into his office to interview for the assistant job that he listed. There is something about Taliyah that he can’t let go of, a sadness that he wants to make go away. She is everything he tries to avoid, yet he finds himself giving her the job. No matter how much he wants to put a distance between them, Julian can’t seem to stop thinking about her. It would take a turn of events to bring them even closer and for him to want to protect her when he finds out about her past. Julian has never felt this type of connection before and he will do anything to protect what’s his no matter what.

Taliyah Wells has one goal and that is to earn enough money to pay off her student debt, then ultimately gain enough volunteering experience at the museum in order to became a curator. So when she overhears about the assistant job opening at Elite Security, she rushes to the interview as fast as she could. Julian Grayson wasn’t what she expected, he is attractive and full of commanding confidence that overwhelms her right away. Working for a security company brings her comfort and she enjoys her job. Until an incident at work happens that she starts to see a more overprotective side of her boss. They can no longer deny the attraction between them and they give in to their feelings for each other. But it’s just when she was starting to see a future together that Taliyah finds out what Julian has been keeping her that could threaten what they’ve built together. She will have to decide if she stays or leaves behind the man she is very much in love with.

I really enjoyed everything about this book, Moreland is able to execute a well-thought-out story that had my attention from beginning to end. With the characters having similar backgrounds, they are able to connect right away. Julian becomes overprotective of Taliyah the minute they start to spend more time together. He senses that there is something more about her and wants to make things right for her. Their chemistry is what kept me rooting for the characters as they went through ups and downs in their relationship. Taliyah is able to lean on Julian and trust him to keep her safe. The story starts off in the present, then to the past and present at the end. This shift in timeline gives us a better picture into the characters’ relationship and explains the decisions that they make along the way. While the story is romantic, it’s also steamy, suspenseful and there are some unexpected twists as well. I loved the ending, it was emotional and sweet. I would highly recommend checking out this series, you will not regret it!

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.***

My Rating:



Thanks for stopping by! πŸ“š

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D