RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Friday, February 25, 2022

🔖 REVIEW BLITZ 🔖 Best I Ever Had by S.L. Scott



Best I Ever Had by S.L. Scott

Release Date: February 25th 2022
Pages: 454
Genres: Romance, Contemporary

The storm.

The man.


Both come without warning.

My heart opens to Cooper Haywood the moment we meet. How can it resist? He’s charming, devastatingly handsome, and sweeps me off my feet before I realize the impact he’s making. And then it’s too late.

We fall too fast to worry about the consequences.

We love so hard that we ache when we’re apart. 

Even though I have a past that still haunts me and he has a future that could put us at risk, none of that matters when we’re together.

Until it does.

And then everything changes.

Although the best thing he ever gave me now calls me Mommy, I can’t help but wonder if Cooper Haywood and that fateful storm were one and the same. 




My Review:

From the intriguing synopsis to the eye catching cover, S.L. Scott delivers an emotionally intense second chance romance in her latest release, Best I Ever Had. Filled with secrets and twists to keep you reading until the very end.

Haywood might be his last name, but for Cooper being part of a legacy has not being easy. The prestige and wealth that come with his name doesn’t always attract the right crowd. He is a player who is not looking to get into a relationship, until he sees her for the first time at his party. She is gorgeous and not alone. She is dancing with her boyfriend and Cooper wishes they could meet. He has never believed in omens or signs, but that’s exactly what brings him to a cafe one stormy day and finally gets to meet Story Salenger. Their chemistry is instant and he finds himself wanting to spend more time Story. There is something different about her that draws him in, she sees the real him and not his money. As they start to spend more time together, Cooper realizes that his feelings for Story are growing at a rapid speed. He will do anything to keep them together, even go against his own family. Until he finds out more about Story’s past and how they might be connected that threaten to destroy what they’ve built together.

For Story Salenger, meeting Cooper Haywood for the first time had her immediately falling for his charm and good looks. He sweeps her off her feet that stormy day and doesn’t let go. He represents the good in her life after the tragic events of her past. Cooper is attentive, kind and passionate when it comes to her. Story doesn’t want to wake up from the world that they’ve created, but there are a lot of uncertainties when it comes to their future. They are about to graduate soon and she planned to leave town after getting her diploma. Now having Cooper in her life has her double guessing what their future holds. But nothing could have prepared her for the twist of events that quickly transpire the minute she finds out what really happened in her past that changed her life forever. Story will have to decide if giving Cooper a chance is worth a shot or if she needs to move on before it’s too late.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Best I Ever Had, it was one of those stories that had me captivated with the characters and storyline. We get to meet Cooper and Story, two complete opposites that attract once they are together. They come from two different worlds and we get to see that being part of their struggles. There is preconceived notion that Cooper is going to follow on his dad’s footsteps and work for the family business. But that’s not what he wants, he wants to make his own choices yet it’s hard to do that when his family has the connections and upper hand. On the other hand, Story has been through a lot growing up. She is a surviver and we get to see her evolve the more she gets put to the test. She is willing to be with Cooper no matter what, but things change when she finds out that she is pregnant. While there are a lot of things that I loved about this book, the end felt a bit rushed to me. I wish the author could have explained certain things a bit further, it would have made the story truly stand out. The majority of the story is so detailed to have the ending cut short. All in all, it was still a great read and I would recommend checking out! :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own***

My Rating:



Meet S.L. Scott:

Living in the capital of Texas with her family, Scott loves traveling, avocados, beaches, and cooking with her kids. She's obsessed with epic romances and loves a good plot twist.

Scott writes character driven, heart-racing, and swoony romances to suspense that will leave you glued to the page. Her stories are regarded as emotion-filled and soulful. With stories ranging from light and witty beach reads to heart wrenching and heart healing, Scott has a story for all readers. Her books are more than escapes for the voracious readers of today. They are journeys of the heart that always come with a happily ever after reward at the end.



Thanks for stopping by! 📚

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D