RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #17


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Kissing Shakespeare

by 
Published August 14th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Miranda has Shakespeare in her blood: she hopes one day to become a Shakespearean actor like her famous parents. At least, she does until her disastrous performance in her school's staging of The Taming of the Shrew. Humiliated, Miranda skips the opening-night party. All she wants to do is hide. 

Fellow cast member, Stephen Langford, has other plans for Miranda. When he steps out of the backstage shadows and asks if she'd like to meet Shakespeare, Miranda thinks he's a total nutcase. But before she can object, Stephen whisks her back to 16th century England—the world Stephen's really from. He wants Miranda to use her acting talents and modern-day charms on the young Will Shakespeare. Without her help, Stephen claims, the world will lost its greatest playwright. 

Miranda isn't convinced she's the girl for the job. Why would Shakespeare care about her? And just who is this infuriating time traveler, Stephen Langford? Reluctantly, she agrees to help, knowing that it's her only chance of getting back to the present and her "real" life. What Miranda doesn't bargain for is finding true love . . . with no acting required.


(Synopsis taken from Goodreads)


***I can't wait to read this book! What are you guys waiting to read? Let me know in the comments below and I'll make sure to check out your WoW :) Thanks!

6 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said... Best Blogger Tips

Haven't heard of that one! Hope you love it once you read it!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Michelle Santiago said... Best Blogger Tips

for some reason i thought this book was out already. i've seen it around the blogosphere a lot and every time i see at i want to read it more. great pick :)

my WoW pick this week

-michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

The Graveyard Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

I seriously considered adding this to my TBR this summer lol I it sounds good!
Here is my WOW
http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-year-of-shadows_10.html

Alison Can Read said... Best Blogger Tips

I've heard of this one. I should check it out. I wish I knew more about Shakespeare. Such a lovely cover.

The Readdicts said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! That sounds like a nice read. Lovely pick!

Thank you for sharing and thank you for stopping by my WoW earlier.

Happy reading!

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Naomi Hop said... Best Blogger Tips

Such a pretty cover!! Sounds like an interesting read!! Hope you enjoy it!!

Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D