RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Friday, August 6, 2021

πŸ”– REVIEW BLITZ πŸ”– The Defender by Gina Azzi



 The Defender by Gina Azzi

Release Date: August 5th 2021 by Three Cities Publishing LLC
Genres:Romance, Contemporary, Sports

As Boston's most eligible nanny, I'm nurturing, trustworthy, and professional. Until my one-night stand turns out to be my new boss.

Hawks defenseman James Ryan is Boston's most eligible single-dad. He's solemn, gorgeous, and an incredible father. But I'm drawn to him for other reasons.

James's eyes reflect the same grief and hurt I'm drowning in. His twins struggle with the same pain that once destroyed me. Living with the Ryan family and caring for James's twins are both a salve and a curse.

Soon, what made us click one summer night over whiskey is wreaking havoc on our commitment to remain professional. Our friendship blossoms into something more. Something searching, healing, and unbelievably complicated.

Falling in love with Milly and Mason Ryan is easy. Falling in love with their father is something I never saw coming.

If I give my heart to James, will he put it back together? Or will I end up more shattered than I already am?

***
The Defender is a deeply emotional, single dad romance, with sensitive subject matter. 




My Review:

Gina Azzi delivers a deeply emotional sports romance in The Defender, the fifth book in the Boston Hawks Hockey Series. Not having read any other books by the author before, I didn’t know what to expect before reading The Defender. Needless to say, I was impressed with writing and storyline. This second chances at love and new beginnings should definitely make the top of your must-read list!

At the beginning we are introduced to James Ryan, defenseman for the Boston Hawks. It’s been a while since he has gone out with his teammates and he finds himself going to Taps, a local bar with their significant others. It wasn’t long ago that he was that guy, the one with the happy and healthy relationship. Yet, it’s been over a year since his wife passed away and it’s still hard to visit places that they used to frequent together. It’s even more excruciating to raise his twins, Milly and Mason, in the same place she made into a home and not have her there.

Then she meets, Bella, the gorgeous bartender who looks at him and he is able to recognize the pain and emptiness in her eyes. He is drawn to her, but feels guilty that he might be betraying what he once had with his wife. But when it’s time to head home, he finds himself unable to deny the attraction and pull that he has towards her that they end up spending the night together. It would be months until he sees her again, this time at his doorstep as the nanny for his kids. They agree to keep things professional, but the more time they spend together the more James realizes that he might just met his match. It’s just when he is starting to let Bella into their lives that he finds out that there are things that he still doesn’t know about her, things that could prevent them from having a future together.

Isabella Andrews is one of the most sought-after nannies in the Boston Professional Athlete circles, who also happens to occasionally bartend at Taps. She has seen his teammates before, but never James. When she sees him for the first time they click and she can tell that he is in pain. James tells her that his wife passed away and she tells him that she got a divorced that messed her up. It’s for the first time since her divorce that Isabella feels like isn’t broken beyond repair. She never expected to see James again, until she is hired to be the nanny for his kids. Having studied children’s psychology, she loves being around kids and wants to have a family of her own. But there are things that she still needs to work on that keep her up at night and she won’t be able to have a relationship with James if she doesn’t fully let go of her past.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Defender, I was completely hooked from beginning to end. I loved reading James and Bella’s story and how it evolved as the two of them slowly let go of their pasts. It’s truly a story about losing loved ones and learning to overcome that pain in order to have a new beginning. The story felt realistic and emotional. The interactions with Bella and the kids is sweet and caring. She loves to care for them and they slowly grow on her. The chemistry between her and James is explosive, they understand each other and they are able to relate to one another. The ending was perfect for them and their story. I cannot recommend it enough, if you love a second chance sports romance with all the feels than I would highly recommend checking out this book. I cannot to read what the author comes up with next! :)

**I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own***

My Rating:



Meet Gina Azzi:

I’m Gina Azzi, a book-obsessed, coffee-drinking, globetrotting, mama of soon-to-be three! I write sweet with a dash of spicy New Adult and Contemporary Romance full of good men putting in work to win the hearts of even better women.

A total Jersey girl at heart, I struggle with insatiable wanderlust and currently reside in Ontario, Canada with my family.

When I’m not dreaming up storylines or writing all the words, you can find me hanging with my littles, attempting to bake, or planning my next adventure.

Connect with me on social media or at ginaazziauthor@gmail.com. I’d love to hear from you!

Happy Reading!

Xo,

Gina


Thanks for stopping by! πŸ“š

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D