RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Thursday, July 7, 2022

πŸ”– REVIEW BLITZ πŸ”– Brawler's Weakness by Gina Azzi



Brawler's Weakness by Gina Azzi

Release Date: July 7th 2022
Genres: Romance, Contemporary, Sports

There’s only one woman I truly care about: my daughter. Until Maisy Stratford flounces into the front office of the Tennessee Thunderbolts with a heartfelt smile and a tray of baked goods.

As the Bolts’ newest hire, Maisy is optimistic, enthusiastic, and a goddess at manifestation.

Everything I’m not.

Known as Brawler, I’m a gruff, quiet, rough-around-the-edges, NHL defenseman. I haven’t dated in decades. I’ve never been married and my daughter’s a twenty-one-year-old mischief maker. I don’t know how to talk about feelings or place my trust in the hands of a woman. Even one with a heart of gold.

With my daughter Lola egging me on, I finally ask Maisy out.

But I don’t want to be her rebound; I want to be her forever. Even if I don’t know how to tell her that. Even if she’s not ready for me.

If I’m being honest, I’m not ready for her either. 




My Review:

Azzi delivers a heartwarming and swoon worthy second chance romance in Brawler’s Weakness, the second book in the Tennessee Thunderbolts Series.

At the beginning of the story we are introduced to Maisy Stratford who is ready to start her new job in human resources with the Tennessee Thunderbolts hockey team. After the constant belittling of her intelligence and comments about her weight at her previous job, Maisy decided to part ways and start a new chapter in her life. Yet, it’s on her way to work that her boyfriend breaks up with her over text and a shocked Maisy bumps into another hockey player, dropping the cupcakes that she had baked for her new office in the process. She is humiliated and that’s exactly when a familiar hockey player, Axel Daire, gets her out of the mess.

Having met through mutual friends before, she has always seen Axel as a giant of man. He is gruff and growly. But it’s the compassion in his eyes that almost breaks her and she is touched when he kindly gets a dress that she’s always wanted to get. All her life, Maisy had to endure comments from her mom or men of being too much, but not in the right way. Axel looks at her differently, he is not there to judge and it’s for the first time that Maisy truly feels cared for in her life. It’s evident that she likes being around Axel, but she is ready to put herself first and is not sure if she is ready to start a new relationship right away.

As the defenseman for the Tennessee Thunderbolts, Axel Daire doesn’t date or has serious relationships as his first priority is being a dad. Until he finds out that Maisy is newly single and for the first time lets himself think about the possibilities between them. The need to protect Maisy is strong and the more time they spend together, the more he starts to trust her with his past. He can sense that Maisy is starting to feel the same way, yet there is a part of him that is hesitant to fully integrate her into his private space and doesn’t know what to do. He has been told that he deserves to be happy and Maisy truly makes him feel that way, but he just hopes he can convince her to give their relationship a shot before it’s too late.

I throughly enjoyed reading Brawler’s Weakness, I loved the dynamic between the main characters. Axel is truly kind and overprotective when it comes to Maisy. He sees her for who she is and that’s something that she likes about him. Axel is rusty when it comes to dating and he doesn’t want to mess with Maisy, but he is putting a lot of pressure on himself in the process. Whereas Maisy is newly single and ready to start a fresh, not thinking that she would like having Axel around a lot more than she thought she would. We get cameos from other characters and we also get to see the relationship that Axel has with his daughter. In the end they both have lean on each other, learn to communicate as well as trust in one another if they want a shot at a happily-ever-after. I would highly recommend checking out this book and I cannot wait to read what Azzi has in store for us in the next book in the series! :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.***

My Rating:



Meet Gina Azzi:

I’m Gina Azzi, a book-obsessed, coffee-drinking, globetrotting, mama of soon-to-be three! I write sweet with a dash of spicy New Adult and Contemporary Romance full of good men putting in work to win the hearts of even better women.

A total Jersey girl at heart, I struggle with insatiable wanderlust and currently reside in Ontario, Canada with my family.

When I’m not dreaming up storylines or writing all the words, you can find me hanging with my littles, attempting to bake, or planning my next adventure.

Connect with me on social media or at ginaazziauthor@gmail.com. I’d love to hear from you!

Happy Reading!

Xo,

Gina


Thanks for stopping by! πŸ“š

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D