RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Thursday, September 8, 2022

🔖 REVIEW BLITZ 🔖 Rookie's Regret by Gina Azzi



Rookie's Regret by Gina Azzi 

Release Date: September 8, 2022
Genres: Romance, Contemporary, Sports

Lioness. That’s the first word that comes to mind when I see the brilliant redhead selling cupcakes at the hockey arena.

With the soul of an artist and the spirit of a nomad, Bea Turner is gorgeous, quirky, and refreshing.

She’s also my teammate’s little sister.

As the Tennessee Thunderbolts' Rookie, I should steer clear. I’m here to play hockey and provide much-needed financial security for my family. To do that, I need to avoid distractions.

Bea doesn’t just distract me; she flips my world upside down.

One bad joke has me pursuing her. One date and I crave more. Calling her mine? Well, now I’m dreaming of a future.

The life of a hockey player — trades, travel, uncertainty — isn’t for the heart of a creative. Bea desires adventure and possibility, not early morning skates and strict exercise regimens.

When I’m thrust into a situation at odds with Bea’s dream career, I know I can’t hold her back.

If we’re meant to be, we’ll make it work. But what if we’re not?

What if my greatest regret is letting my lioness go? 



My Review:

In Rookie’s Regret, the third book in the Tennessee Thunderbolts, Azzi delivers a relatable and swoon worthy sports romance that will leave you wanting for more!

At the beginning of the story we are introduced to Beatrice “Bea” Turner, who after receiving an art degree in Nashville, she is moving back home to take care of her grandmother. With the vision to start her own pottery business, her brother Beau who happens to play for the Tennessee Thunderbolts, is able to get her a job selling cupcakes at the arena. Beau quickly warns her to not get tangled up with a hockey player, but she tells him that no one is going to be interested in a quirky person like herself. She would usually be covered in clay and dust, it’s her happy place and what keeps her centered. There are hopes and dreams that Bea has for herself, but her family is her priority so coming back home is what she feels that she need to focus on now.

Until one day she meets Cole Philips, the minute he walks up to the Primrose Sweets pop-up stand, Bea is immediately taken by him. He is funny and telling her jokes that make him stand to her. There is something genuine about him that Bea likes and quickly finds herself telling him all about her. Yet, things change the minute she finds out that he is actually a Thunderbolt player. Their chemistry keeps pulling them together so much so that they decide to give their relationship a shot. But it’s Cole’s inability to communicate with her that starts to become an issue and when she gets the opportunity of a lifetime, Bea needs to decide if continuing a relationship is worth it or not.

For Cole Philips, playing for the Tennessee Thunderbolts has allowed him to be able to help his family financially. After losing his parents, it was his uncle who raised him and Cole wants to be able to provide for his uncle and cousin. Hockey became his world growing up and it gave him an outlet to be free and taught him to never lose focus. It’s for that reason that he has never been a romantic relationship before and avoids confrontations at all costs. But the gorgeous curly redhead selling cupcakes has his attention right away. He is attracted to her and her personality. Although he has a strict routine, Cole makes it his mission to win her over even if it means stopping by the pop-up everyday to buy a cupcake from her. Which it doesn’t take long, it’s easy to talk to Bea, they have a lot in common. Yet, the more he talks to her, the more Cole wants to start a future with her. Hockey has always been at the top of his priority list and he has to learn how to let Bea into his world before it’s too late.

I throughly enjoyed reading Rookie’s Regret, Azzi does a great job telling a relatable story with lovable characters. It’s evident that they both have a lot to learn, they are still finding their way and once they are able to trust each other, they are able to lean on one another after that. We get some cameos from previous characters in past books as well. I really loved all the jokes and how the story wraps up at the end. It fit the characters so well and there is hope for them to start a future together. I would highly recommend checking out this story and I cannot wait to read the next book in the series! :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.***

My Rating: 4.5/5


Meet Gina Azzi:

I’m Gina Azzi, a book-obsessed, coffee-drinking, globetrotting, mama of soon-to-be three! I write sweet with a dash of spicy New Adult and Contemporary Romance full of good men putting in work to win the hearts of even better women.

A total Jersey girl at heart, I struggle with insatiable wanderlust and currently reside in Ontario, Canada with my family.

When I’m not dreaming up storylines or writing all the words, you can find me hanging with my littles, attempting to bake, or planning my next adventure.

Connect with me on social media or at ginaazziauthor@gmail.com. I’d love to hear from you!

Happy Reading!

Xo,

Gina 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D