RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Thursday, December 1, 2022

πŸ”– REVIEW πŸ”– The Image of You by Melanie Moreland




The Image of You by Melanie Moreland

Release Date: December 1st 2022 by Moreland Books Inc
Genres: Romance, Contemporary

From NYT best selling author Melanie Moreland comes an epic love story of loss and redemption.
I realized in that one moment something was terribly wrong.


“I apologize,” she spoke, sounding formal.
“You have me at a disadvantage.”
Her hand rose in greeting. “I’m Alexandra Robbins…and you are?”

I stared at her hand and then her beautiful face.

The woman I had loved passionately—desperately—and still loved to this day.

My former fiancΓ©e…who was looking at me with no recognition.

As if I were a stranger to her.

And then it hit me as I took in the emptiness in her eyes.

I was.

I’d spent so much time trying to find my way back to her, only to have her not remember me.

One thing was for sure—I would spend my last breath trying to remind her who I was, who we were, and who we would eventually be again.

All I needed was the chance to show her.

(Formerly published as My Image of You, 2017)




My Review:

Moreland delivers a whirling amount of emotions in her latest release, The Image of You. A story about two torture souls who are brought accidentally together only to be pulled apart in a twist of events that will leave you wanting for more.

For thirty-three year old, Adam Kincaid, capturing the perfect picture while going on adrenaline adventures is just part of his job. As someone who specializes in photographing natural disasters, Adam has been able to witness mother nature in a different way. But it’s taking the perfect picture that gets him in the hospital after falling and hitting his head. Next thing he knows, he is waking up in the hospital with a gorgeous nurse by his side.

Confused and a little disorientated, Adam meets Alex Robbins. There is something about her that immediately catches him off guard, her kindness and the instant connection that they have has him wanting to ask her out. She is his Nightingale and she embraces her nickname right away. Soon he starts learning about her upbringing and how similar their pains are. Yet, he is determined to protect her no matter what, until a turn of events threatens to end their chance at happiness. It’s up to him to make Alex see that they are meant to be together, before it’s too late.

As a nurse, Alexandra Robbins has seen her fair share of difficult patients. When she gets tasked to take care of a patient who has suffered a concussion, she is immediately ready to do her job. But the minute Alex meet Adam, her life changes forever. Not only is he bossy, but also determined to win her over no matter what. He is someone her parents wouldn’t approve of, so Alex hesitates when he asks her to give him a chance. A chance to open her heart would only mean one thing, to get hurt in the end. There is a lot that Adam doesn’t know about, the loss and the guilt that she will always carry and that will forever tie her to her family as well. Yet, Adam shows his understanding and a glimpse of what their lives could be like in the future. Until everything changes and the life she knew about begins to change yet again.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Image of You, it was raw and full of emotions from beginning to end. We have two characters who are able to lean on each other as they face the obstacles coming their way. The story is told in dual POV, giving us a chance to really see what they characters are thinking and going through. It’s broken down in two parts as well and the twist is what kept me reading. I loved the ending, it was really sweet and romantic. I would highly recommend checking it out as well as any other books by the author. You will not regret it! :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.***

My Rating:



Thanks for stopping by! πŸ“š

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D