RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Thursday, November 30, 2023

πŸ”– REVIEW πŸ”– Faked and Fumbled by Gina Azzi



Faked and Fumbled  Gina Azzi

Release Date: November 30, 2023
Pages: 230
Series: Knoxville Coyotes Football #1
Genres: Romance, Sports, Contemporary

Knoxville Coyotes football heartthrob Cohen Miller is my brother’s best friend. Now, he’s the man posing as my fake boyfriend. Simple, right? Wrong.

I thought my luck couldn’t get worse than when my long-term boyfriend publicly dumped me. Wrong again. Now, my ex is dating my cousin, and our friend group is embarking on an annual ski trip.

Desperate to save face, I beg Cohen to pretend to like me. To bluff wanting me. To lay it on thick to convince my friends that I’m not heartbroken or hurt. I’m not damaged goods. That I have, in fact, moved on.

But during the trip, things change. Cohen’s longing glances make my heart race. His casual, familiar touches stir up new feelings. And his kiss? His kiss makes me yearn for things I’ve never experienced before.

Toss in one bed, an epic snowstorm, and a gossip circle a mile wide, and I’m praying we don’t fumble our fake relationship.

Obviously, I’m always wrong.



My Review:

As the first book in the Knoxville Coyotes Football Series, Azzi delivers a second chance and new beginnings romance in Faked and Fumbled. This steamy romance will leave you wanting for more!

In her town, Raia Callaway has always been second best compared to her older brother, the football player and hometown hero. She has worked really hard to become a professional soccer player outside her home, until her life changes when her boyfriend of ten years brakes up with her before a game. A game that she would end up losing and getting hurt. Her dreams of playing in Europe quickly diminish and Raia finds herself going back home to recover from her injury. She is surprised to see Cohen Miller, her brother’s best friend and fellow Knoxville Coyotes football player.

It’s been years since she’s seen him, but she is grateful to have him around. He understands what it’s like to be a professional athlete and his concern for her makes her feel cared for. Until she gets a text that her cousin/best friend is dating her ex that completely crushes her heart. Raia feels betrayed, but she has to face them and doesn’t want to do it alone, so convincing Cohen to be her fake boyfriend for the week turns into so much more. Especially when they end up getting caught in a snowstorm, miles away from everyone else. Feeling begin to blossom and she doesn’t know if he feels the same way.

I throughly enjoyed reading Faked and Fumbled, it was a wholesome read that had me reading nonstop until the very end. I’m a huge fan of Azzi’s sports series and this was such a promising start that I cannot wait to read the next books in the series. While Raia struggles to fully feel at home and get past her cousin and ex’s betrayal. Cohen has worked really hard to get to where he is, he is a top football player who can get just about any woman he could possibly want, but struggles to find a deeper connection. Seeing Raia again, he feels protective towards her and there is a deeper feeling that he can’t deny. Pretending to be her fake boyfriend gets him that much closer to her and he realizes that they might just be perfect for each other, if he can convince her to give them a chance. Told in dual POV, this steamy sports romance ends on a perfect note that I would highly recommend checking it out! :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.***

My Rating: 4.5/5


Thanks for stopping by! πŸ“š

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D