RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

🔖 REVIEW BLITZ 🔖 Surprised and Sacked by Gina Azzi



Surprised and Sacked by Gina Azzi

Release Date: February 5, 2024
Series: Knoxville Coyotes #2
Pages: 241
Genres: Romance, Contemporary, Sports

Knoxville Coyotes rookie, West Crawford, is a celebrated, lightning-fast football god on the field. Off the field? He’s my ex-boyfriend and greatest heartache.

I didn’t think long-distance would break us when West was drafted to Tennessee, and I was called home to Paris for a family emergency. But it did.

Fast-forward six months and West is playing in the Super Bowl, I’m rooting for him to win, and our worlds re-collide.

Celebrating West’s success is supposed to be a one-night, free-for-all that ends with closure. Instead, it births a new beginning. Literally.

I’m having a baby with my ex, our lives are still thousands of miles apart, and nothing has changed. I mean, except the obvious.

Between West’s flourishing career, my familial responsibilities abroad, and a positive pregnancy test that surprises us both, our relationship is bound to be sacked before it has the chance to soar.



My Review:

Azzi delivers a steamy sports romance in Surprised and Sacked. As second book in the Knoxville Coyotes Series, the story is about second chances and new beginnings, that will leave you rooting for the characters until the very end!

At the beginning of the book, we are introduced to West Crawford, a football player who has just scored the winning touchdown at the Super Bowl. As the rookie playing for the Knoxville Coyotes, West’s life is about change, he only wishes his ex was there to celebrate a milestone in his football career. It’s been five months since he last saw Nova Martin, it was the day she left him to go back to Paris for a family emergency and long distance ended what they had. But to his surprise, Nova shows up at the game ready to celebrate him one last time before heading back to Paris for good. Yet, what started off as their last night together, truly ended up turning West’s life upside down. He has been given a second chance to make things right with Nova and he won’t stop until he convinces her to give their relationship another shot.

For Nova Jeanne Martin her life has been full of ups and downs ever since a family emergency took her back to her family in Paris. It broke her heart to leave West behind, but with his career taking off being in long distance relationship wasn’t going to work. They both deserved a chance to make great things, but Nova hasn’t stopped thinking about West since the last time she saw him five months ago. Attending the Super Bowl was a last minute decision that would ultimately chance the course of her life forever. With West rapid fame, he has women thrown at him all the time and it’s hard for Nova to see that. Yet, another reason a long distance relationship can’t work between them, but she is pregnant with his baby. It could either bring them closer or push them further apart.

I truly enjoyed reading Surprised and Sacked, the chemistry between the characters was undeniable and the story had me hooked from beginning to end. We have two career-oriented people who are about to face parenthood and they go through ups and downs in order to get their happily-ever-after. I really loved reading the relationship between Nova and her family, they all had her back no matter what and accepted West in the process as well. Though he quickly proved himself to be the man that Nova can rely on and her family sees that. West has a solid friend group that kept me entertained. All in all, the ending was sweet and prefect for their story. I would highly recommend checking out this book, I cannot wait to read the rest of the series! :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.***

My Rating: 4.5/5


Thanks for stopping by! 📚

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D