RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

πŸ”– REVIEW BLITZ πŸ”– Brutal Bargain by Laurelin Paige



Brutal Bargain by Laurelin Paige

Release Date: October 9, 2024
Pages: 530
Genres: Romance, Contemporary

She needs a husband. He won’t let anyone else have her.

Ax Morgan has played many roles in my life: My brother’s best friend. The most notorious member of the Sebastian News Corp executive team. My enemy with benefits.

But my husband?

No thanks.

Our after hours scenes are simply a convenient way for me to blow off steam while I plot my exit from my toxic family’s company.

But when I need a groom so I can claim my inheritance, he presents me with a choice that’s more like blackmail—marry him, or he’ll sabotage me. So between the devil and the deep blue sea, I let the devil put a ring on it.

Turns out this is the role he plays best of all.

The worst part of pretending with Ax is how real it's starting to feel.

Now my future is in his hands. And if he finds out what I'm planning, he'll be the one with the impossible choice. Who loses everything—his best friend or his fake wife?




My Review:

In Paige’s latest sizzling romance, Brutal Bargain, a marriage of convenience between enemies is about to change their lives forever.

As the head of HR for the Sebastian News Corp, Adly Sebastian has grown up surrounded by wealth and antiquated mindsets. It does’t help that her family’s company is stuffed with traditional men, including her dad who doesn’t give her the chance to move up like her other male relatives. The company doesn’t have the most female-friendly environment, so when Adly gets the chance to get out of the company, she can’t wait to run her own. But that soon changes when Adly finds out that to access her trust fund she’ll have to get married. The list of potential suitors is short, leaving her with no choice but to agree to marry her brother’s best friend and her enemy, Axel Morgan. He is infuriating, constantly taunting her, but also happens to be a really good kisser. What starts off as marriage of convenience it turns into so much more the longer they spend together. Leaving them questioning their motives as we as their future together.

I really enjoyed reading Brutal Bargain, the chemistry between the characters is off-the charts no matter how much they want to deny the attraction towards each other. We have two individuals who have similar backgrounds, ready to go against those that have wronged them in order to create their own futures. Ax is ready to help Adly gain access to her trust fund as long as she marries him, he’ll keep her future plans quiet. There is a part of him that has always wanted her and now he has the perfect way to keep her close. While Adly is not looking to start a relationship until Ax starts to break some of her walls. He is everything that she wasn’t actively looking for, now she just hopes that he doesn’t break her heart. All in all, the story is swoon worthy and the ending will leave you wanting for more!

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.***

My Rating:


Thanks for stopping by! πŸ“š

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D