RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Review: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Knight
by Julie Kagawa
Release Date: Published October 26th 2011 by Harlequin TEEN
Series: The Iron Fey #4
Pages: 394
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon, B&N

"My name--my True Name--is Ashallayn' darkmyr Tallyn. I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her. My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl..."To cold faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.

Then Meghan Chase--a half human, half fey slip of a girl--smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive.

With the unwelcome company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end--a quest to find a way to honor his vow to stand by Meghan's side.

To survive in the Iron Realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. And along the way Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.


(Summary taken from Goodreads)

My Review:


When I first heard that the last book was going to be in Ash's P.O.V, I couldn't believe it. I just had to get my hands on it and FAST! The book cover is just amazing, it fits him (that's how I pictured Ash to look like). When I started reading the book, I thought it went slow at the beginning, but it got better when Ash starts recalling past events, things that had happened in his past that will lead him into his future. It was intriguing to see a different side of Ash, a much more vulnerable guy that will do anything to be with the girl he loves, instead of a cold-hearted prince. Puck was also in this adventure, and he becomes Ash's companion in his journey. There was definitely a lot of twists and turns that I was so not expecting! It just made his adventure a lot more complicated, but it was nice to see how he was not going to give up on his quest. His oath is what leads him to the End of the World (literally), where he is tested with trials and the truth of his past. Although it was hard to read those events (since they were actually very painful to read) as readers we get to see just how much Ash is willing to give up for a soul. The last few chapters were shocking, I was not expecting to see so much of the outcome of Ash's quest. In his last test, Ash is able to come to a conclusion, whether he wants to stay as he is or be with Meghan.

In this book, we are able to see the value of humanity, and just how much Ash is willing to give up for Meghan. This is definitely one of my favorite series, since the beginning of this whole adventure, The Iron Fey series has had twists and turns that left me wanting for more. The ending left me breathless and just happy to see that there is always a happy ending at the end. I'm onto the next book by Julie Kagawa (my new favorite author) The Lost Prince. :)

My Ratings:  



Book Trailer:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D