RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #9


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page

• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Me, Cinderella?

by 
One kind deed can change your life forever...

Brynn Tomlin could never afford to follow her heart. But when she sees a stranger shivering in the snow outside of the college library, an inexplicable urge leads her to buy him a hot cup of coffee. It's just a small act of kindness, a few words of conversation. Brynn should be focusing on her finals, after all, not on the man who looked up at her gratefully with piercing blue eyes. 

He could have been anyone - a janitor on break, a graduate student, a bum. But the man standing outside in the cold turns out to be Dr. Eliot Herceg, one of the most brilliant minds in mathematics and heir to a fortune. After years of reclusive isolation, he now finds his heart awakening to the kind girl whose name he does not know. 

Brynn has spent her life trying to forget her desires, and Eliot's deep wounds have taken nearly a decade to heal. After so much hurt, will either of them be able to open their hearts again? 
(Synopsis taken from Goodreads)

My Teaser: 

"I once thought that happily ever after was only true in books. Now, I'm struggling to see how the future might play out if the dreams continue to pale before reality. Every sentence I could think of has already been said a hundred times over, by people whose words come out perfect and beautifully formed, where mine die on the tongue or struggle out onto the page, mangled and imperfect. 

But my story isn't perfect, because I'm not perfect. Nothing is perfect except maybe in math, in the line that extends forever in both directions. Math is beautiful, I have always known that, but so is life. And I have grown to accept imperfection." (Pg. 177)



***I really liked this book, it's definitely interesting. I will post the review this Thursday if you guys want to read more about the book :) Leave me the link to your Teaser Tuesday and I'll make sure to check it out. Thanks! :)
                                                                                                                                 

8 comments:

Naomi Hop said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow!! Great tease. I am definitely intrigued!!

Thanx for visiting my TT
Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

Jessica @ a GREAT read said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice tease! Haven't heard of this one!

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Great tease! I haven't heard of this book, but I just added it to my TBR. I'm following you on Bloglovin now, I'm looking forward to reading your review! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kathy
http://mynookbooksnmore.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great week!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice tease! I like her perception that math is perfect and beautiful.

Thanx for stopping by my TT

Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

Eustacia Tan said... Best Blogger Tips

Interesting tease! I like that she loves math!

My teaser is from The Madman's Daugther: http://www.allsortsofbooks.blogspot.sg/2013/09/teaser-tuesday-madmas-daughter-by-megan.html

Mandy said... Best Blogger Tips

I snagged a copy of this one but haven't started it yet. Sounds like I'm missing out. Great teaser. Happy reading.

~Jennifer~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like this tease, and the cover is very pretty, too. :)

My TTT @ Donnie Darko Girl

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D