RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Saturday, September 25, 2021

🔖 REVIEW BLITZ 🔖 The Heart Chaser by Gina Azzi



The Heart Chaser by Gina Azzi

Release Date: September 23rd 2021
Genres: Romance, Contemporary

Notorious ladies' man and hockey hotshot Luca Pandatelli broke his own rules when he tangled up with me.

Not only did we spend an entire weekend in bed together, but he confided in me, sharing painful truths about his past. With a kiss good-bye and a promise to call, something sparked between us. Something that broke through my walls.

Except he didn't call. And I re-enforced my walls with steel and barbed wire.

Now, I've accepted a job with the Boston Hawks franchise, making it inevitable that I see the last man I want to cross paths with. I'm prepared to dismiss him and pretend like our weekend together never happened.

But the regret in Luca's eyes and the apology in his voice catches me off-guard. The harder I push him away, the harder he pulls me in.

Until the one thing I can't accept, can't forgive, comes to light.

And I'm left wondering, is Luca only interested in the chase? Or is he really playing for keeps?


Gina Azzi delivers a steamy second chance sports romance in The Heart Chaser that will have you hooked from beginning to end.

As the goalie for the Boston Hawks, Luca Pandatelli is used to being in the spotlight and attracting a lot of female attention. He is aware of his reputation and doesn’t do serious relationships. So when he meets Abbi Walsh, he finds himself wanting more of her. She is only supposed to be in town for a bachelorette party weekend before heading back to New Jersey. But for the first time he wonders if they can have more than a weekend together and an actual shot at a relationship. It’s a dangerous feeling to have as he has seen how much love destroys a person. His sole purpose has been his career and his family that he doesn’t know how to make a woman feel like a priority. It would take a turn of events to separate them and bring them back together six months later. Now it’s after he has hurt her trust that he is willing to fight for her no matter the cost.

Moving to Boston was supposed to be a fresh start for Abbi Walsh. As the new department head of Youth Outreach, she will be working at The Meadows, the ice hockey arena that houses the Boston Hawks Hockey franchise. After the way her last job ended, she was happy to accept the help of her friend’s boyfriend and he was able to help Abbi get the job with the Boston Hawks. There is still a bit of resentment in Luca that he failed to call her after they parted ways six months ago. Luca made her feel cherished and whole. Yet, she should have known better than to trust him too quickly and getting her heart broken in the progress. But Luca is set on winning her back and she fears of what he is going to do after he finds out more about her past, especially when it’s still haunting her.

I really enjoyed reading The Heart Chaser, we have two characters who have struggled so much emotionally and they are able to lean on each other when they need it the most. Abbi is going through a tough time in her life that she is unable to trust easily. She has lost all those dear to her and trusting again isn’t going to be easy. On the other hand, Luca has been through a similar experience and he feels responsible for others that he forgets about himself. He fears that he is going to mess up with Abbi, but he is still set on making her see that they can have a future together. All in all, if you love a great sports romance with an even cuter ended then I would highly recommend checking out The Heart Chaser. I cannot wait to read more of the author in the future :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own***

My Rating: 4/5


Meet Gina Azzi:

I’m Gina Azzi, a book-obsessed, coffee-drinking, globetrotting, mama of soon-to-be three! I write sweet with a dash of spicy New Adult and Contemporary Romance full of good men putting in work to win the hearts of even better women.

A total Jersey girl at heart, I struggle with insatiable wanderlust and currently reside in Ontario, Canada with my family.

When I’m not dreaming up storylines or writing all the words, you can find me hanging with my littles, attempting to bake, or planning my next adventure.

Connect with me on social media or at ginaazziauthor@gmail.com. I’d love to hear from you!

Happy Reading!

Xo,

Gina


Thanks for stopping by! 📚

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D