RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Thursday, May 12, 2022

🔖 REVIEW BLITZ 🔖 Hot Shot’s Mistake by Gina Azzi



Hot Shot's Mistake by Gina Azzi

Release Date: May 12th 2022
Genres: Romance, Contemporary, Sports

Tangling up with my new physical therapist, Mila Lewis, is a mistake. One I can’t seem to stop making.

When I sign with the Tennessee Thunderbolts, I have two goals: prove my injury hasn’t benched my career and get back to New York.

But then, I meet Mila, the enigmatic therapist tasked with rehabbing my shoulder.

With her long ponytail, professional demeanor, and girl-next-door look, Mila is nothing like my usual type.

She’s better—a good girl with sad eyes and a tragic past our small-town loves to dissect.

With the entire town up in her business, our budding connection is far from simple. I’m not staying, and Mila will never leave.

Deep down, I know I should walk away and let her find the happily-ever-after she deserves.

But I can’t. Not without showing her that it could be me.

And that may be the biggest mistake of all. 




My Review:

Hot Shot’s Mistake is the first book in Azzi’s newest Tennessee Thunderbolts Series. This emotional small town sports romance is about second chances and new beginnings that will leave you rooting for the characters until the very end.

At the beginning of the story we are introduced to Devon Hardt, a hockey player who had been in New York playing for the Sharks until an injury got him traded to Tennessee. The team is currently going through a massive rebuild and he will be the keystone player for the Tennessee Thunderbolts. But moving from a big city like New York to the small town of Knoxville will take some getting used to and Devon doesn’t know if he is going to stay there for that long. Devon wants to play for a team who is already established and not starting out. So it’s his goal to go back to New York and prove to them that he is still the best at what he does. Until he meets the team’s newest physical therapist that his whole life takes an unexpected turn. He can see that Mila has been hurt in the past and there is something about her that keeps Devon drawn to her from the minute they meet. The more time they spend together, the more Devon starts to understand her past and wants to protect her at all costs. She might just be the one to give him a reason to stay and start a future together.

For Mila Lewis living in a small town has its perks as everyone knows everyone and sometimes that’s it’s a downside as well. The whole town has seen her grown up and was rooting for her to end up with its golden football player. But Mila got hurt in the process and although that happened months ago, the town still hasn’t moved on. Making it difficult for Mila to be able to move on from her past, so when she got the job with the Tennessee Thunderbolts, she knew that it was time to start the next chapter in her life. As the team’s physical therapist, Mila knows that she is going to be working with the team’s newest team player, Devon Hardt. But it’s an unexpected encounter that she has with him that makes her see that Devon is a player with a messed up shoulder and a big ego. He also reminds her of her ex and that’s not something Mila is willing to repeat. Yet, Devon is making it difficult to not say no to a shot with him and she is afraid of getting hurt again.

I really enjoyed reading Hot Shot’s Mistake, the story was sweet and steamy. They are about to start new chapters in their lives, but fate had another plan and brought them together. It’s in the process that Mila is able to let go of her past and is able to fully trust again. On the other hand, Devon didn’t think that he would feel strongly for Mila right away. He wants to earn her trust and he gets to form friendships with his new teammates. The ending was a little bit unexpected, but it worked out for them really well. I would highly recommend checking it out and I cannot wait to read the next in the series! :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.***

My Rating:



Meet Gina Azzi:

I’m Gina Azzi, a book-obsessed, coffee-drinking, globetrotting, mama of soon-to-be three! I write sweet with a dash of spicy New Adult and Contemporary Romance full of good men putting in work to win the hearts of even better women.

A total Jersey girl at heart, I struggle with insatiable wanderlust and currently reside in Ontario, Canada with my family.

When I’m not dreaming up storylines or writing all the words, you can find me hanging with my littles, attempting to bake, or planning my next adventure.

Connect with me on social media or at ginaazziauthor@gmail.com. I’d love to hear from you!

Happy Reading!

Xo,

Gina 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D