RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Friday, June 2, 2023

🔖 REVIEW BLITZ 🔖 Rebellious Rockstar by Gina Azzi



Rebellious Rockstar by Gina Azzi

Release Date: June 1, 2023 by Three Cities Publishing
Pages: 255
Genres: Romance, Contemporary

One summer, one rebellious rockstar, and a love that won’t quit — even when it hurts.

Four years ago, Derek “Reign” Reiner gave me my first kiss and flipped my world upside down. Then, my brother’s bandmate catapulted to stardom, becoming a veritable rock god, while I moved across the country.

The last thing Derek expects is me on his band’s doorstep. Yet, here I am. Lost, uncertain about my future, and desperate to feel a connection — to my family, to my brother, to him.

I’m in Boston for one summer, hoping to find my path and discover if there’s something between Derek and me.

And, oh, there is.

Our attraction is intense and heady, fueled by a reckless need. Our chemistry is electric, brimming with a desperate passion neither of us can control.

And our relationship? Well, that’s complicated. Tumultuous.

Derek Reiner may be my brother’s best friend, an international heartthrob, and a musical genius. But he’s also mine.

Even if he breaks my heart.





My Review:

Prepare to go on a rollercoaster ride in Gina Azzi’s latest romance, Rebellious Rockstar, the first book in The Burnt Clovers Trilogy. 

While other college students might be on their paths of pursuing their careers or goals, Allegra Rousell, couldn’t haven been anymore uncertain about her own future lately. So she takes a leave of absence from UCLA and sets off for Boston to see her brother, Levi. But upon arriving to Boston, Allegra is hesitant to see the rest of The Brunt Clovers band members, especially Derek Reiner. 

It’s been four years since she’s seen him and the last time she saw Derek, he gave Allegra her first kiss. A kiss the ruined her for anyone else. His alluring persona captivated her until she had to moved to the West Coast to attend UCLA. But now that she is back, Allegra is ready to see if Derek feels the same way and perhaps pursue a relationship with him. Soon everything around her starts to change, Allegra realizes that she doesn’t know anything about her brother’s life and just how far apart they’ve gotten over the years. Though career wise things begin to take off, there is still a lot that she needs to figure out, including her confusing feelings for Derek. 

As the lead member of The Brunt Clovers, Derek Reiner has been able to achieve stardom even after the difficult upbringing that he had growing up. As the band is getting ready to record their latest album before leaving for their European tour, he is shocked to see his best friend’s little sister, Allegra, show up. It’s been four years since he’s seen her and wonders what could possibly bring Allegra all the way to Boston. At first Derek doesn’t want her near his space, but that doesn’t mean that he’s over her. No matter how much he tries to push her away, Allegra is determined to make things work between them. But she is his best friend/band mate’s little sister making her off-limits. Until they cross the line of no return that he realizes just how much he is willing to put on the line for her. 

I’m a huge a fan of Azzi’s hockey series, those were the books that truly spoke to me. So when she announced that she was going to write a rockstar romance, I was all in. Needless to say, Rebellious Rockstar, felt a little different to me. From the writing to the characters, there was something about their relationship that I couldn’t connect. The idea itself is solid and the secondary characters made the book enjoyable to read. They both have background stories that we get a glimpse of in this book that I’ll be intrigued to find more about in the second book. Worth giving it shot if you like angsty rockstar romances. :) 

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.***

My Rating: 3.5/5


Meet Gina Azzi: 

Hey Lovelies! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! I’m Gina Azzi, a book-obsessed, coffee-drinking, globetrotting, mama of three! I write steamy Contemporary and Sports Romance books with heartwarming happily-ever-afters. 

A Jersey girl at heart, I spent my twenties living and working abroad before settling down in Ontario, Canada with my family. When I’m not dreaming up storylines or writing all the words, you can find me hanging with my littles, attempting to bake, or planning my next adventure. 

Keep up with Gina Azzi and subscribe to their newsletter: https://ginaazzi.com/

To learn more about Gina Azzi & their books, visit hereConnect with Gina Azzi: amkusinovels@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by! 📚

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D