RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Thursday, August 31, 2023

🔖 REVIEW 🔖 How to Fake-Date a Vampire by Lindsey Hall



How to Fake-Date a Vampire by Lindsey Hall

Release Date: August 31, 2023
Pages: 302
Genres: Romance, Paranormal

Faking it with a vampire duke should be simple, right?

I’ve got one chance to prove to my coven that I’m worth my wand. But to do it, I'm going to have to make a deal with a vampire duke. I get to use his gorgeous estate in Cornwall to host the Beltane Ball--and in exchange, I'll pretend to be his girlfriend. But it's all a show for his grandmother.

The rules of our fake relationship are simple:
No flirting. No emotion. No sex. Simple, right?

Except I can't seem to ignore the allure of the infuriating and devastatingly sexy vampire. Falling for a duke isn’t an option, though. I would lose the anonymity that protects me and my coven, and that would ruin my life. And the lives of those in my coven.

So yeah, totally simple, right?



My Review:

Hall delivers a witty and charming paranormal romance in How to Fake-Date a Vampire, the second book in the Charming Cove Series. A definite must-read!

As a newcomer to Charming Cove, a seaside village in Cornwall, Emma Willowby has worked really hard to truly belong in the town. It’s been two years since Emma made the town her home, but it’s taken her time to officially become part of the Aurora Coven. With the stress of not knowing her magical gift and the pressure to be the best witch she could possibly be, Emma takes on her biggest challenge yet. A challenge that if she delivers, it could change her life forever. Little does she know that it would involve the reclusive and handsome vampire, the Duke of Blackthorn. Now she has to convince the duke to let her host the biggest event in town at his estate, but there are forces bigger than her that could end up ruining her chance of becoming part of the coven.

As the Duke of Blackthorn, Alaric Ashford doesn’t like attracting attention to himself. It’s been a while since he’s been back home, so when he returns to his family estate, the whole town is buzzing about his arrival. So it takes him by surprise to meet the beautiful Emma at a pub, their chemistry is instant. But he is reminded of the one person who broke his heart. Alaric is not expecting to see her again, until she shows up wanting to convince him to let her coven host an event at his estate. Alaric feels protective of his family, but he will allow it if she pretends to be his girlfriend in front of his family. Soon pretending starts to feel so much real, and a turn of events could alter their chance at a happy ending.

I absolutely loved reading How to Fake-Date a Vampire, is the perfect autumnal and cozy read. The writing was descriptive and completely transported me to the magical town of Charming Cove. The characters were likable and charming as a couple. While Emma is a witch who is still finding her place in town, she soon finds the perfect companion who brings so much wit to the story. On the other hand, Alaric is a vampire duke who has been hurt in the past, he has difficulty trusting again and that comes in the way of their relationship. He has to find a way to let go of the past in order to have a future with Emma. The ending was sweet and it fit their story so well. I would highly recommend checking out the book, this magical romance will certainly leave you wanting for more! :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.***

My Rating:


Thanks for stopping by! 📚

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D