RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Thursday, January 5, 2023

πŸ”– REVIEW BLITZ πŸ”– Hero’s Risk by Gina Azzi



Hero’s Risk by Gina Azzi

Release Date: January 5th 2023
Genres: Sports, Romance, Contemporary

Nine years ago, Celine Hernandez broke my heart. Eight years ago, she stomped on it for good measure. When Celine moved to LA after high school, I enlisted in the Marines.

After an honorable discharge, I’m home, in Tennessee, living out my dream as a professional hockey player. Now, she’s back in our hometown, filming a movie, and reminding me of a past I’ve tried to forget.

She’s got her name up in lights. She’s shining so bright; she’s acting like she never left. Celine’s everywhere I go — visiting my Gran, having coffee dates with my sister — and forcing me to remember a time when life wasn’t so harsh. When I was whole and thriving. Happy.

But I can’t trust those feelings anymore. I’m not the same man Celine remembers. I’ve lost too much, grieved too hard, and am too broken down for do-overs.

Is my ex-everything a risk my heart can handle? Or is our second chance more sacrifice than salvation? 



My Review:

It’s all about second chances at love when it comes to Azzi’s fifth book in the Tennessee Thunderbolts Series with Hero’s Risk. This sports romance revolves around two characters who might seem to have it all on the outside, but yearn for something so much more and that is what ultimately brings them closer than ever.

For Beau Turner, achieving his childhood dream of playing in the NHL means everything to him. After being honorably discharged from the Marines, Beau worked hard to be able to play for the Tennessee Thunderbolts. It’s hockey that keeps him sane, even though he’s been having a hard time readjusting to civilian life. While in deployment, Beau’s life completely changed as he is no longer the person he used to be when he was in a relationship with Celine Hernandez. As childhood friends, she was there when his life turned upside down, becoming his everything in the process. Until Celine got the opportunity of a lifetime and moving away from the future he’d envisioned for them. It’s been 8 years since he last saw her and Beau’s quiet town becomes fully alive when news of the famous actress coming to film in a few days keeps going around. Beau has worked hard to keep his anxiety to a minimum, but Celine’s impending arrival has him recalling their past and he’s afraid of getting his heart hurt again.

While getting her big break starting in Midnight Moon, Celine Hernandez’s life was never the same. Having grown up in a small town in Tennessee, she always dreamed of moving out and starting her life somewhere else. Having Beau by her side would have been the icing on the cake, had they moved away together. But when she got the role of a lifetime, Celine couldn’t seem to say no to her opportunity to get out of the small town. Eight years later, she is a Hollywood starlet, who has achieved the stardom that comes with her job. She is back in Knoxville ready to film her latest movie and it’s a, also a chance to have a bit of normalcy back in her life. LA might be where she resides, but she longs for so much more, to be finally home. It doesn’t help that she hasn’t talked to Beau in a while, there is resentment coming from him, as if he doesn’t want her to be in his life again. But Beau has always been the overprotective one and when it comes to her safety, he is willing to be there no matter what. What starts off as small conversations, ends up to be so much more. It’s clear that he’s been through a lot throughout the years, and they’ve both changed so much that she realizes that she needs to fight for their future before it’s too late.

I loved the chemistry between the characters, Beau is warm and protective when it comes to Celine and that’s clear from the very start. Azzi dives into the world PTSD and how it impacts people’s lives. We get to see their journey to their happily-ever-after and it’s full of ups and downs. Although Celine is a famous actress who should be used to being in the spotlight, she craves her roots and going back to where she grew up puts a lot into perspective. They both are able to lean on each other and the ending is sweet and worked for them really well. I would highly recommend checking out the book as well as the rest of the series!

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.***

My Rating: 4.5/5


Meet Gina Azzi:

I’m Gina Azzi, a book-obsessed, coffee-drinking, globetrotting, mama of soon-to-be three! I write sweet with a dash of spicy New Adult and Contemporary Romance full of good men putting in work to win the hearts of even better women.

A total Jersey girl at heart, I struggle with insatiable wanderlust and currently reside in Ontario, Canada with my family.

When I’m not dreaming up storylines or writing all the words, you can find me hanging with my littles, attempting to bake, or planning my next adventure. 

Connect with me on social media or at ginaazziauthor@gmail.com. I’d love to hear from you!

Happy Reading!

Xo,

Gina

https://ginaazzi.com/links/

Thanks for stopping by! πŸ“š

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D