RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Thursday, March 3, 2022

🔖 REVIEW BLITZ 🔖 The Score Keeper by Gina Azzi



The Score Keeper by Gina Azzi 

Relese Date: March 3rd 2022
Genres: Romance, Contemporary, Sports

Boston Hawks owner Scott Reland is my father’s biggest rival and the last man who should catch my eye. But when he does, I don’t look away.

We’ve circled each other for years, two outliers in a small club of NHL owners. We know the rules, manage similar pressures, and understand that this lifestyle — hockey over everything — isn’t for everyone.

Which is why I want out.

To prove to my father that I have a future beyond the New York Sharks, I score one for me and open a bakery in Boston, the city that reveres Scott.

It isn’t long until the dynamic and perceptive Hawk pursues me. And I’m entirely unprepared to be swept off my feet, cared for and supported after so many years on my own. Scott easily draws me back into the hockey life I thought I didn’t want.

But can our relationship survive the demands of this industry? Or will I always be keeping score, second to the game that dictates everything? 



My Review:

Azzi concludes her Boston Hawks Hockey Series with The Score Keeper. This steamy sports romance between two hockey powerhouses will leave you wanting for more.

At forty-four-years old, Scott Reland has successfully made a name for himself and for his team, the Boston Hawks. As the owner of the team, he has also accumulated a lot of wealth and the attention of women who have very high expectations. It’s his money all they see and that’s not something he is interested in at his age. For Scott hockey is his life, even though that wasn’t how he was raised at the beginning. But it grew to something else the minute he played in high school and never looked back. He longs to experience something deeper with someone else and he knows exactly who is right for him. Having met over the years, Scott has always had an eye for Noelle DiSanto. They both understand the world of hockey and even though her dad is his biggest rival, Scott still has a soft spot for Noelle. Yet, it’s her desire to distance herself from hockey after seeing how consuming it is that has him question if she’ll ever be truly part of his world. They are made for each other and he willing to do anything to prove that to her.

As the heiress to the New York Sharks franchise, Noelle DiSanto has grown up knowing that she will one day take over her dad’s hockey empire. But that’s not something that she wants. After chasing her dream and learning the art of patisserie, Noelle managed to open Primrose Sweets as her way of honoring the legacy that her mom left behind. While her dad was not trilled about it, she didn’t let that stop her from opening her first bakery. If anything it gave her the need to keep expanding to show her dad that her bakery can be successful. So when Noelle gets to decide where to open next, Boston comes up. That’s exactly where Scott Reland also resides. Her dad has never liked Scott, but he took her breath away the minute they met and is over the years that they develop a connection. Then everything changes when he offers her the opportunity to open up a pop-up shot at his arena and Noelle doesn’t know how her dad is going to react if he finds out. She has worked so hard to not be so involved when it comes to hockey, yet being in Scott’s world has her question what she truly wants.

I really enjoyed reading The Score Keeper! It felt more mature to me especially with Scott being older. He has been through so much and has made the Boston Hawks a very successful team from the ground up. He is protective over Noelle right away and he wants to show that his world is different from how she grew up. On the other hand, not having her mom with her has made it difficult of Noelle’s dad to understand that running a hockey team is not for her. Her dad has supported her in his way and it’s difficult for her to tell him what she truly wants without upsetting him. The chemistry is what completely did it for me, it’s instant and steamy! I loved the ending, it fit them very well. I do wish the author could have given us more insight on some details, but it still works out in the end. I would still highly recommend it. I cannot wait to read what other works Gina Azzi comes up with next! :)

***I received an advanced copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own***

My Rating:


Meet Gina Azzi:

I’m Gina Azzi, a book-obsessed, coffee-drinking, globetrotting, mama of soon-to-be three! I write sweet with a dash of spicy New Adult and Contemporary Romance full of good men putting in work to win the hearts of even better women.

A total Jersey girl at heart, I struggle with insatiable wanderlust and currently reside in Ontario, Canada with my family.

When I’m not dreaming up storylines or writing all the words, you can find me hanging with my littles, attempting to bake, or planning my next adventure.

Connect with me on social media or at ginaazziauthor@gmail.com. I’d love to hear from you!

Happy Reading!

Xo,

Gina


Thanks for stopping by! 📚

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D